Distribution Research 1 - Complete Business Plan


     So now that I have an idea of the information and images to included in my publication, I am now going to start researching on how I will distribute my published magazine to the customers.
Image result for williams sonoma sarasota



     The final printed product of my magazine will be stocked on local store shelves in the display racks next to other bestselling lifestyle magazines, for example like Food Network or People magazines. I am sure many local stores would stock my magazine, but my plan is broad to capture a wide audience from around the world. Eventually, I plan to have my food magazine on display in local eateries, cafes, food markets such as: Whole Foods Market and Detweilers; grocery stores such as: Publix and Walmart; book stores, and kitchen and accessory shops that sell kitchen-related items such as Williams-Sonoma.

     First off, store distribution is known as a traditional method for distributing magazines. Distribution of magazines on store display racks at local stores in Sarasota can be the start to something big for a magazine product. My final magazine product will be sent to the print house (Coastal Printing Inc), which will print my magazine onto paper.  They also have a mailing and distribution center which are in charge of printing as many copies for each business being given the product to sell. From there they will then mail the printed copies to each business. This method of distribution is not only faster, but also a more sufficient method for cost rather than using a postal company to send and deliver the magazine products to each business.

     The Coastal Printing Inc can also mail copies straight to people's homes; direct mail. At this point in distribution I will have already have a list of subscribers to my magazine and all who are interested in receiving a new magazine collection each time new one drops. I will have gotten a lot of these subscribers from a list which was put together at magazine launch events that would have been taken place as talked about in another blog post labeled Target Audiences.

     As for getting my magazine 'out there'. I can use the Coastal Printing Inc as not only a form of printing and distributing my magazine product, but also to get members of the mailing division of the Coastal Printing Inc to subscribe also. I would do this by sending all the potential readers of the mailing division a sample copy to entice them to subscribe to receive a new edition overtime one is released.

Image result for coastal printing sarasota               Image result for outside of Winn Dixie

     For example, the Sarasota Magazine, Sarasota people's resource for local restaurants, news, events, shopping, party pictures, health, real estate and much more has targeted subscribers to fit their readership. These magazines can be found in local stores, like Winn Dixie, Target, CVS, and Walgreens.

   

Comments

Popular Posts