Creative Critical Reflection #2 - How Product Engages with Audience?//How it Would Be Distributed?

2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

   My magazine product was very engaging for a plethora of reasons. The letters of the font that I chose for the cover of my magazine were a mixture of red, green and white text. The red and green were two very eye catching colors which were bright and eye-popping colors that helped the reader's attention stay on the cover of my magazine. The dark red boarder at the top left corner of my magazine would create a border from the title and all of the subtitles in white. I also used red, green and white because my edition of the magazine was a Christmas Edition. However, I did not just discuss about Christmas events in the magazine, which engages with the audience because it opens for more people to be interested in the magazine and so they will read it. In addition, the three feature articles that I put on the cover are designed to draw the audience into reading the magazine and getting them interested in what would be in the magazine. If someone sees an article that they might be interested in, they will want to pick up the magazine. In addition, I thought it would be a good idea to get people who are not very well known to be in the articles. So, I interviewed and took pictures with restaurant owners to create an idea of what each restaurant was like, how they were created, and how they were ran. For food magazines, it is usually the more well known restaurants which get more exposure to the public audiences. I could use my magazine to give "less popular or less known" restaurants an exposure to the public audiences as each restaurant deserves. Hopefully, this could increase our target audience and revenue.  In the future, I would set stands up around town and local restaurants, and markets to sell my magazine. I would sell them too all local residents in Sarasota, Florida. The watermark is a way for people to recognize the magazine and so that I would not have  my articles and/or ideas taken. My final magazine product engages with a wide variety of audiences in many different ways. Another way that I would get my magazine out to the public would be to set up an online website: Florida Foods Magazine and on the website would be all of the final products published for subscribers to view. This is a way to spread my product in a quicker, easier, and more efficient way. Not only can these subscribers view the magazine each week online, but they can also sign up to receive each magazine drop to their front door or be emailed to their given email. This will allow all subscribers to receive their magazines before the public does. 

Comments

Popular Posts