Size of Magazine
For the size of the magazine, I am intending for it to be mass produced at a measurement of 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 because of the economical aspects of it. I've spent some time researching magazine sizes and I've found that other measurements, including anything larger and smaller, will cost more to print. This is because most press and bindery equipment is designed to produce this specific size magazine both efficiently as well as with minimum paper waste. According to my research, this means that my magazine will be around the size of a Discover Magazine or a Scientific American Magazine. As for the page number, I'm thinking around 90 pages. This is because, for my magazine analysis research, all the magazines I reviewed were monthly, and none of them were published, for example, weekly or biweekly. Furthermore, all the magazines I reviewed also had roughly 80-100 pages, with one exception. The Food Network Magazines that I reviewed were both about 130 pages. I can only think that this is due to the fact that rather than just a food company, they're running a food empire. With this in mind, and the fact that print media is one of the most prominent ways of expanding a company's audience, it makes sense why they would have more pages. So they can not only just run their magazine, but also include all the little ad-ons that contribute solely to their brand, like for example, their Food Network Stars and the articles about them. But for me, I'm going to keep my magazine as average size, seeing as I'm not running an empire of a publication.


Comments
Post a Comment